Aqaba Castle

According to an early inscription, the Mamluk Castle was built in the early 16th century. Semi-circular towers flank the entrance, and the coat of arms of the Hashemite family can be seen above the entrance. The castle known as the Aqaba Castle, was built in the reign of Qansuah Al Ghuri (1510-17). The fort served as a caravanserai for pilgrims traveling to Makkah as well as a military site. This site overlooks the public beach.

  • Aqaba Castle
  • Historical
  • 4-Continent Trade Centre
  • Mamluk Castle
  • 16th Century